Miranda is a licensed nutritionist who has a Master's degree in Human Nutrition. She is passionate about helping people overcome their health obstacles by addressing the root cause of their health issues. Miranda is very familiar with autoimmune disease - her mother was diagnosed with Celiac disease before it was well known and Miranda was diagnosed with asthma at a young age that she now manages with her diet and lifestyle. Miranda shows clients that reversing autoimmune disease is possible by eating real foods in a strategic way. Her practice is open to anyone who desires to live their healthiest, most fulfilling life by eating real foods, conquering cravings, reconnecting with their body wisdom, exercising smarter, managing stress, sleeping like a baby, fostering meaningful relationships and advancing their success by finding greater happiness. In addition to her practice, Miranda also provides free webinars and local presentations on hot nutrition topics and has written nutrition content for various functional medicine-based websites like Healevate and Food Matters as well as for supplement industries. Miranda loves to play tennis, lift weights, drink coffee (with grass-fed cream!), read books, trying new restaurants and walking around Lake Harriet.
Functional medicine-based nutrition is powerful nutrition-based care that is focused on finding the cause of a problem and correcting that, rather than just reducing symptoms while the health of the person continues to deteriorate. Multiple symptoms are clues to the ways in which your body is not functioning the way it should be. Rather than suppressing symptoms with medications, we can review those symptoms to understand which systems of your body need support to get back on track and get you healthy again. Each health plan at Thrive Nutrition is unique to each individual. I examine your whole picture -- diet, symptoms, illness history, medications, toxic exposure, history of antibiotic use, lab work, how you view yourself, stress levels, close relationships, career satisfaction, physical activity level and spiritual awareness so that we are able to put together an overall food plan + coaching discussions that optimizes your health. Vibrant health is your birthright and chronic disease is not inevitable. Each person's health journey is different. Sometimes the best progress is made by overcoming important lifestyle or mental roadblocks before dietary changes are made. At Thrive Nutrition each appointment will be like working with a nutritionist, health coach and life coach all at the same time. You will receive nutrition expertise, nonjudgmental support, clarity with specific goal setting and the flexibility to work on goals you are interested in achieving.
NUTRITION'S ROLE IN HEALTH CARE
Is just in its infancy! When most people think about eating healthy, they automatically visualize fruits and veggies. Have you ever thought: "If I eat 'right' I might feel a little better and then, maybe, just maybe, I might play my cards right and prevent a few diseases down the road?" Nutrition is much more powerful than that. Epigenetics is a relatively new field that is discovering that proper nutrition is not just a powerful preventative tool, it can reverse disease states as well. As we learn more about the powerful way our diets influence our genetic expression towards health or disease, in the near future personalized medicine with the focus on nutrition will become the first line of therapy.
TO SEE IF THRIVE NUTRITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU, BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY 30-MINUTE PHONE CONSULT. SIMPLY SELECT A TIME IN THE ONLINE SCHEDULER THAT WORK BEST FOR YOU.
APPOINTMENTS - ALL APPOINTMENT CAN BE SCHEDULED ONLINE IN THE "SCHEDULE" TAB
- Nutrition Coaching Memberships - Health coaching is your key to success as it literally bridges the gap between knowing what you want to be/should be doing and actually do it. Not only will you get nutrition protocol based off of current research, but you will also get the added benefit of coaching to help you achieve your health goals faster. My prediction is that over the next 10 years working with health coaches at your doctor's office will be the norm. Coaching sessions provide accountability, consistency, and ongoing support so that you get the long lasting results you've always wanted. You choose how you’d like to meet: phone, video conferencing or in person! Memberships can be paid up front or with monthly payments. *In some cases HSAs may cover the costs for appointments, supplements and lab work. For more information on that plus the current of exclusion for vegans and strict vegetarians, see the FAQS tab
NUTRITION MEMBERSHIPS INCLUDE:
- 90-Minute Initial Consultation - Are you ready to have a health practitioner really get to know you as a person and not just your numbers? This comprehensive session gives us the time you deserve to review your Personal Health Assessment and thoroughly discuss what health goals are important to you this very moment. Based off of our conversation, we will determine the next steps that will get you towards the results you want.
- Personal Health Assessment - This expansive questionnaire is a full analysis of your current eating, exercise and sleep habits, your relationship with food, stress levels, potential sources of toxic exposure, digestive health and much more!
- Ongoing Appointments - Each month, you’ll have 1 or ideally 2, 50-minute one-on-one appointmentswith Miranda (you can also increase your appointment frequency with 25-minute appointments). Our ongoing sessions provide you with accountability, support, guidance and inspiration. There will be time to answer your burning questions, discuss your progress towards your health goals, help you develop a realistic plan to help you overcome current or future challenges and we can also use this time to go grocery shopping or clean out your kitchen!
- Food List & Recipes - Start each program with delicious food: each program offers a complete food list and at least 2 weeks worth of recipes. You can pick and choose from recipes that please your palate.
- THE AUTOIMMUNE SOLUTION - 6 Months - Tames inflammation, removes stressors and heals the gut which all trigger autoimmune disease. Strong emphasis on removing foods that are common intolerances and give you recipes with delicious foods that help the body heal autoimmune disease. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Gut/Digestive Healing Support
- SOLVING GUT ISSUES - 6 Months - Testing to figure out what is irritating your digestive system. Removes stressors, reduces inflammation and uses foods and supplements to heal the gut. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Gut/Digestive Healing Support
- FAT BURNING//WEIGHT LOSS - 3 Months - Revs up metabolism & targets fat cells. Incorporate foods, timed eating and exercises that burn fat while building muscle. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Fat Burning Supplements
- DETOX - 3 Months - For those with high toxin exposure. Designed to identify and eliminate toxic exposure, while eating a healthy diet and using herbs, nutritional supplements and other advanced detox strategies that support the body’s own natural detoxification processes. May be combined with fertility program. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Detox Boosters
- FERTILITY AND PREGNANCY - 6 Months - Think of your pre-fertility year as an amazing opportunity to improve your overall health and well-being. Now is the time to focus on you, reset, identify and address underlying health issues and find your highest expression of balance. There is no better way to head into pregnancy than that. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Fertility Supplements
- HEALING EMOTIONAL EATING - minimum 2 Months - For anyone who wants to identify their biggest obstacles with emotional eating. You will learn your own unique connection to food, who you are as an eater and your own unique psychology to eating. You will also learn how to fully enjoy your meals, cultivate relaxation, true confidence and self compassion. These will help you let go of fears, guilt and old habits and liberate you out of the negative eating cycles. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5
- NOT SEEING WHAT YOU NEED? Hey, no problem! We can come up with something you're looking for!
Healthy people spend an average of $150/month on supplements and elect for optional testing at $90. A pantry clean-out will usually be a grocery trip investment of $150-$300. Those with autoimmune or gut disorders can expect to spend around $200-$250/month on supplements and $250-$500 on lab testing.* *Each client protocol is unique to their health and wellness status.
ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE? GET STARTED NOW!
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES -
- ABILITY-TO-PAY COACHING - I believe that progressive healthcare shouldn't only be limited to those that are financially blessed. Once or twice a month I will provide ability-to-pay based coaching for special situations. Use the Contact tab to explain yours and I will reach out to you if you are selected.
- LAB TESTING - $50 + cost of the lab test(s) - Thrive Nutrition provides state-of-the-art lab testing that assesses a spectrum of risk factors and biomarkers for optimum wellness. If you're not a client, but want to learn some things about what's going on inside your body, Thrive Nutrition will order the tests you're interested in and discuss with your results in a 30-minute phone appointment. *price of tests not included and the laboratory will charge for the test once the lab receives it; HSAs can pay for testing
- CHECK-IN APPOINTMENTS - 25 minutes - Stay on track with convenient check-in calls. May be purchased individually according to your needs - $50/session
- 90 MINUTE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS - 90 minutes - available in person or via phone or video conferencing. Includes reviewing your Personal Health Assessment. - $200
- NUTRITION COACHING APPOINTMENTS - 50 minutes - available in person or via phone or video conferencing. Appointments are discounted in the memberships (NOTE - these individual sessions are recommended for current or past clients. Coaching memberships are recommended first because coaching which is where all of the magic happens!) - $100/session
- WEBINARS - Free! - See the Webinars Replay tab to watch past presentations or check out the Thrive Events tab for future webinars