MEET THE PRACTITIONERS
MIRANDA - Miranda is a licensed nutritionist with a Master's degree in Human Nutrition. She is passionate about helping people overcome their health obstacles by addressing the root cause of their health issues. Miranda is very familiar with autoimmune disease - her mother was diagnosed with Celiac disease before it was well known and Miranda was diagnosed with asthma at a young age that she now manages with her diet and lifestyle. Miranda shows clients that putting autoimmune disease in remission is possible by eating real foods in a strategic way. She also is known as the "gut gal" and helps clients resolve their digestive concerns. Other health goals Miranda supports is fertility/healthy pregnancy, brain health/cognition and more. Miranda also provides presentations on hot nutrition topics and has written nutrition content for various functional medicine-based websites like Healevate and Food Matters as well as for supplement industries. Miranda loves to play tennis, lift weights, drink coffee (with grass-fed cream!), read books, trying new restaurants and walking around Lake Harriet.
COURTNEY - Courtney is a graduate of Iowa State University with her Master's Degree in Nutrition. She makes it a priority to help those who want to improve with their health and wellness and loves to be an encourager to those who are in the process of changing their healthy behavior. She specializes in gut health/digestion concerns, appetite regulation, fat burning, healing emotional eating, exercise and health coaching. With her own success of weight loss and healthy behavior changes as a young adult, she became intrigued with nutrition and physical activity. In addition to her practice, Courtney is writing a healthy cookbook, caregiving for seniors, coaching people in health and wellness and volunteering with various organizations. She loves being outdoors (preferably in the mountains), traveling with her husband, running with her dog and curling up with a good book.
KAYLA - Kayla is a licensed and registered dietitian who graduated with her undergrad in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin-Stout and completed her Master’s in Nutrition as well as her dietetic internship through Abilene Christian University. Kayla’s passion for integrative medicine and focusing whole real food nutrition stems from her own issues experienced as a child with always being sick, having GI issues, skin issues, and lack of energy. She recently discovered a few years ago that she has Celiac disease and is lactose intolerant which it all makes sense for all her symptoms she was experiencing. Through her health concerns she found the power of real and whole food nutrition and hopes to share with others that power as well. The health goals that Kayla supports are: weight loss/fat burning/healthier eating (low carb + Paleo), intro to healthy eating for families, and Whole30 coaching. Kayla also offers grocery store tours as well as healthy holiday/special occasion menu planning.
Functional medicine-based nutrition is powerful nutrition-based care that is focused on finding the cause of a problem and correcting that, rather than just reducing symptoms while the health of the person continues to deteriorate. Multiple symptoms are clues to the ways in which your body is not functioning the way it should be. Rather than suppressing symptoms with medications, we can review those symptoms to understand which systems of your body need support to get back on track and get you healthy again. Each health plan at Thrive Nutrition is unique to each individual. We examine your whole picture -- diet, symptoms, illness history, medications, toxic exposure, history of antibiotic use, lab work, how you view yourself, stress levels, close relationships, career satisfaction, physical activity level and spiritual awareness so that we are able to put together an overall food plan + coaching discussions that optimizes your health. Vibrant health is your birthright and chronic disease is not inevitable. Each person's health journey is different. Sometimes the best progress is made by overcoming important lifestyle or mental roadblocks before dietary changes are made. At Thrive Nutrition each appointment will be like working with a nutritionist, health coach and life coach all at the same time. You will receive nutrition expertise, nonjudgmental support, clarity with specific goal setting and the flexibility to work on goals you are interested in achieving.
If you suffer from gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, or other digestive problems, you don’t need us to tell you that your gut needs attention. But did you know that gut health is also a major factor in autoimmune diseases (e.g. Hashimoto’s, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis), depression, skin problems, low energy, hormone imbalance, and virtually every other modern, chronic health problem?
This is why we pay close attention to the gut in every client. Gut infections, changes in the gut microbiome, and “leaky gut” contribute to inflammation and chronic illness and optimizing gut health is an emphasis in my practice. In many cases autoimmune conditions will go into remission with specific changes to diet and lifestyle.
NUTRITION'S ROLE IN HEALTH CARE
Is just in its infancy! When most people think about eating healthy, they automatically visualize fruits and veggies. Have you ever thought: "If I eat 'right' I might feel a little better and then, maybe, just maybe, I might play my cards right and prevent a few diseases down the road?" Nutrition is much more powerful than that. Epigenetics is a relatively new field that is discovering that proper nutrition is not just a powerful preventative tool, it can reverse disease states as well. As we learn more about the powerful way our diets influence our genetic expression towards health or disease, in the near future personalized medicine with the focus on nutrition will become the first line of therapy.
TO SEE IF THRIVE NUTRITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU, BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY 30-MINUTE PHONE CONSULT. SIMPLY SELECT A TIME IN THE ONLINE SCHEDULER THAT WORK BEST FOR YOU.
NUTRITION COACHING MEMBERSHIPS
Nutritionist expertise + Health coaching. A comprehensive approach with an individualized health program. Not only will you get specific nutrition protocol based off of current research for your health condition(s), but you will also get the added benefit of coaching to help you achieve your health goals faster. Health coaching is your key to success as it literally bridges the gap between knowing what you want to be/should be doing and having yourself actually do it. Coaching sessions provide accountability, consistency, and ongoing support so that you get the long lasting results you've always wanted. You choose how you’d like to meet: phone, video conferencing or in person! See below for more membership information. *In some cases HSAs may cover the cost for appointments, supplements and lab work. For more information on that plus the current of exclusion for vegans and strict vegetarians, see the FAQS tab
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION OVERVIEW
NUTRITION MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
- 90-Minute Initial Consultation - Are you ready to have a health practitioner really get to know you as a person and not just your numbers? This comprehensive session gives us the time you deserve to review your Personal Health Assessment and thoroughly discuss what health goals are important to you this very moment. Based off of our conversation, we will determine the next steps that will get you towards the results you want.
- Personal Health Assessment - This expansive questionnaire is a full analysis of your current eating, exercise and sleep habits, your relationship with food, stress levels, potential sources of toxic exposure, digestive health and much more!
- Medical Symptoms Questionnaire - Start off knowing exactly how your body is feeling based off of a numerical score. You will track your progress throughout your membership by completing the questionnaire again and discover how much better your body is feeling!
- Ongoing Appointments - Each month, you’ll have 1 or ideally 2, 50-minute one-on-one appointments (you can also increase your appointment frequency with 25-minute appointments). Our ongoing sessions provide you with accountability, support, guidance and inspiration. There will be time to answer your burning questions, discuss your progress towards your health goals, help you develop a realistic plan to help you overcome current or future challenges and we can also use this time to go grocery shopping or clean out your kitchen!
- Individualized Nutrient Recommendations + Access to Pharmaceutical-Grade Supplements + a 15-20% Discount! - Did you know over-the-counter supplements use artificial and poorly absorbed forms of vitamins and minerals, have unnecessary colorants and fillers, contain GMOs and are not regulated by the FDA? Have confidence knowing you are getting the highest quality supplements by using Thrive Nutrition's online pharmaceutical-grade supplement dispensary Fullscript. Pharmaceutical-grade supplements are 3rd party tested for purity and potency. Their raw materials are tested for contaminants, heavy metals, pesticides, environmental pollutants and suppliers undergo rigorous qualification procedures and audits. The supplements offer therapeutic levels ingredients, have proper nutrient forms and ratios and are manufactured in temperature, humidity and dust-controlled rooms.
- Lab Result Interpretations - Curious about your micronutrient, inflammation, heavy metal levels or wondering about your thyroid, heart or gut health? We do functional medicine based testing to help you live your healthiest life. We offer the most advanced testing at reasonable pricing and spend time reviewing your results with you. Learn more about all of the tests we offer.
- Optional Grocery Shopping Tour - Learn how to make the most of your grocery shopping trip, whatever your needs may be! Common topics include: discover the tricks grocery stores and food brands use to get you to spend more, what you can do save money, learn how to decipher food labels and which ones you can trust, how to make the most of eating healthy and storage tricks to reduce food spoilage if you travel for work. Leave with a handout containing valuable information. 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Food List & Recipes - Start each program with delicious food: each program offers a complete food list and at least 2 weeks worth of recipes. You can pick and choose from recipes that please your palate.
- Unlimited Email - Keep in touch whenever you need it via email for support and guidance
CHOOSE 1 WITH A 3 MONTH MEMBERSHIP AND 1-2 WITH A 5 MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- FAT BURNING/WEIGHT LOSS/HEALTHIER EATING PROGRAM - Either Membership Recommendation - Revs up metabolism & targets fat cells. Incorporate foods, timed eating and exercises that burn fat while building muscle. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Fat Burning Supplements
- WHOLE30 COACHING PROGRAM - 3 Month Membership Recommendation - Have you always been curious about trying the Whole30 challenge, but didn't think you could do it alone? Well now you don't have to! At Thrive Nutrition, we help you get prepared and organized, support you through the challenge (provide recipes, resources and cheer you on!), and at the end, assist with food reintroduction. The Whole30 is, at its heart, an elimination diet. Just a small amount of any of inflammatory foods could break the healing cycle; promoting cravings, messing with blood sugar, disrupting the integrity of your digestive tract, and (most important) firing up the immune system. Anyone can benefit from trying this!
- THE AUTOIMMUNE SOLUTION PROGRAM - 5 Month Membership Recommendation - Tames inflammation, removes stressors and heals the gut which all trigger autoimmune disease. Strong emphasis on removing foods that are common intolerances and give you recipes with delicious foods that help the body heal autoimmune disease. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Gut/Digestive Healing Support
- RESOLVING GUT ISSUES PROGRAM - 5 Month Membership Recommendation - Stool testing to figure out what is irritating your digestive system. Removes stressors, reduces inflammation and specific dietary guidelines and supplements to heal the gut. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5 + Gut/Digestive Healing Support
- INTRO TO HEALTHY EATING FOR FAMILIES PROGRAM - 3 Month Membership Recommendation - Everyone wants their family to be healthy, but it isn't always easy! We work with parents to learn what healthy eating looks like and how to get their kids excited and engaged with healthy food. We teach parents tips on how to plan and cook healthy meals, suggest kid-friendly snacks and how to make family dinners more fun. We also help parents explore potential food eliminations if members of the family are showing food sensitivities.
- FERTILITY + HEALTHY PREGNANCY PROGRAM - Either Membership Recommendation - Think of your pre-fertility year as an amazing opportunity to improve your overall health and well-being. Now is the time to focus on you, reset, identify and address underlying health issues and find your highest expression of balance. There is no better way to head into pregnancy than that. If you are pregnant, it's never too late to learn the foods to eat to best support your growing baby. This program provides supplement advice, special pregnancy foods, simple recipes, pregnancy/birth tips and helpful books to guide you have your best pregnancy!
- HEALING EMOTIONAL EATING/FOOD FREEDOM PROGRAM - 3 Month Membership Recommendation - End the yo-yo dieting cycle forever! This program is for anyone who wants to identify and overcome their biggest obstacles with emotional eating. You will explore your unique connection to food, who you are as an eater and your specific triggers. You will learn how to be in control of the food you eat (instead of food controlling you) by learning how to fully enjoy your meals, cultivate relaxation, as well as develop confidence and self compassion around eating. Strengthening these healthy habits will help you let go of fears, guilt and old habits and liberate you out of the negative eating cycles and leave you feeling empowered. Supplement Recommendations: The Thrive Daily 5
- NOT SEEING WHAT YOU NEED? Hey, no problem! We can come up with something you're looking for!
Healthy people spend an average of $125/month on supplements. A pantry clean-out will usually be a grocery trip investment of roughly $300. Those with autoimmune or gut disorders can expect to spend around $600-$900 on supplements (over 5 months) and $400-$800 on lab testing.*
*Each client protocol is unique to their health and wellness status. HSA/FSAs can be used for supplements and testing.
ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE? GET STARTED NOW!
- ABILITY-TO-PAY COACHING/SLIDING-SCALE - I believe that progressive healthcare shouldn't only be limited to those that are financially blessed. Once or twice a month I will provide ability-to-pay based coaching for special situations. Use the Contact tab to explain yours and I will reach out to you if you are selected
- LAB TESTING - $50-100 + cost of the lab test(s) - Thrive Nutrition provides state-of-the-art lab testing that assesses a spectrum of risk factors and biomarkers for optimum wellness. If you're not a client, but want to learn some things about what's going on inside your body, Thrive Nutrition will order the tests you're interested in and discuss your results in a 30-minute phone appointment.
- 90 MINUTE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS - 90 minutes - $200 - Available in person or via phone or video conferencing. Includes reviewing your Personal Health Assessment.
- NUTRITION COACHING APPOINTMENTS - 50 minutes - $100 - available in person or via phone or video conferencing. Appointments are discounted in the memberships (NOTE - these individual sessions are recommended for current or past clients. Coaching memberships are recommended first because coaching which is where all of the magic happens!)
- CHECK-IN APPOINTMENTS - 25 minutes - $50 - Stay on track with convenient check-in calls. May be purchased individually according to your needs.
- BLOG, NEWSLETTER + WEBINARS - Free! - See the Webinars Replay tab to watch past presentations! Check out the Blog tab to read interesting content or sign up for our Newsletter to be the first to receive blog articles, special promotions and discounts!