Non-Client Lab Testing
Non-Client Lab Testing
Not a client and need labs? No problem. Thrive Nutrition provides state-of-the-art lab testing that assesses a spectrum of risk factors and biomarkers for optimum wellness. If you're not a client, but want to learn about what's going on inside your body, Thrive Nutrition will order the tests you're interested in and discuss your results in a 30-minute phone appointment.
*Price of tests is a separate cost, see pricing for tests below. HSAs can pay for testing done by Spectracell - must provide lab a front and back copy of your private medical insurance card.
Testing takes 4-5 weeks to receive results. Schedule an appointment 5 weeks out (found in the Client Tab) with the appointment being "Non-Client Lab Review Consult." Fill out the proper paperwork you will be sent in the client portal. They need to be filled out prior to receiving your test kits (Lab Test Client Agreement Form and Lab Test Kit Preferences). All labs besides SpectraCell have an additional charge for tax. *Asterisk indicates preferred pricing for Spectracell and is available for those who send the lab with their sample a front and back copy of their private medical insurance card.
Testing options are:
· SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel with OmegaCheck – (Blood) - $200* with private medical insurance card ($420 without insurance) - SpectraCell’s Micronutrient test provides the most comprehensive nutritional analysis available by measuring functional deficiencies at the cellular level. It is an assessment of how well the body utilizes 33 vitamins, minerals, amino/fatty acids, antioxidants, and metabolites, while conveying the body’s need for these micronutrients that enable the body to produce enzymes, hormones, and other substances essential for proper growth, development, and good health. This test provides the basis of a personalized, functional approach in addressing a broad variety of clinical conditions including arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular risk, diabetes, various immunological disorders, metabolic disorders and micronutrient deficiencies.
· ELISA/ACT BIOTECHNOLOGIES LRA TEST - (Blood) Inquire about pricing for the panel you're interested in. Panels range from the Basic Panel ($350) for 144 for items all the way to All Inclusive ($1250) for 505 items - Revolutionary blood tests that directly analyze lymphocytes, the body’s long lived, memory-carrying white blood cells that indicate health and disease in the body. The only tests that simultaneously measure all three types of delayed sensitivity reactions through lymphocyte activation: Reactive antibody (IgA, IgM, and IgG), Immune complexes, T cell direct activation. Functional tests that detect only symptom-provoking lymphocyte reactions, not merely the presence and amount of antibodies (which can be protective or symptom-provoking). This distinction is clinically important and can only be made by a functional, cell response assay. More reliable and comprehensive than other tests of delayed food and chemical sensitivities (Antibody, particle size, mediator release). Antibody tests such as IgG and IgG4 (offered by Cyrex, Immuno Labs, and many other labs) are nonfunctional tests, looking at only one delayed pathway - not a complete picture of the immune system.
· SpectraCell Male and Female Hormone Panels - (Blood) $50* with private medical insurance card ($120 without insurance) - Good for anyone curious about their hormone levels. Reveals the overall state of hormonal balance. Like nutrients, hormones influence all aspects of health and disease - mood, sleep, metabolism, immunity, heart health and appearance. An imbalance of one hormone can initiate cascade of events that alters other hormones, so a comprehensive look at hormone status is key.
· SpectraCell Comprehensive Thyroid + Adrenals - (Blood) $70* with private medical insurance card ($170 without insurance) - Good for anyone curious about their hormone levels. Thyroid hormones directly regulate every cell in our body as most basic functions like metabolism, emotions and thinking. The test includes several proteins that affect thyroid function as well as antibodies to thyroid which can detect autoimmunity (when the immune system attacks healthy tissue) and your levels of cortisol, the stress hormone.
· Precision Analytical DUTCH Complete Hormone Testing - (Urine) $275 + tax (retail $399) - Best for those concernered about their hormone levels. This advanced hormone testing was developed to improve on the available hormone testing options. DUTCH offers the most extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones along with their metabolites. Additionally, the daily pattern of free cortisol is included along with melatonin. This unique combination of clinical information is not available by any other method.
· SpectraCell MTHFR - (Blood) $50* with private medical insurance card ($110 without insurance) - MTHFR is an enzyme responsible for converting 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate to the product 5-methyltetrahydrofolate - it is involved in the metabolism of folate and homocysteine. The product of the reaction catalyzed by MTHFR converts homocysteine (a potentially toxic amino acid) to methionine (a useful and necessary amino acid).
· Telomere - (Blood) $200* with private medical insurance card ($240 without insurance) - The first commercially available telomere analysis in the United States. Telomeres are sections of genetic material at the end of each chromosome whose primary function is to prevent chromosomal “fraying” when a cell replicates. As a cell ages, its telomeres become shorter. Eventually, the telomeres become too short to allow cell replication, the cell stops dividing and will ultimately die - a normal biological process. SpectraCell’s Telomere Test can determine the length of a patient’s telomeres in relation to the patient’s age.
· Apolipoprotein E Genotyping - (Blood) $50* with private medical insurance card ($110 without insurance) - This is a great test for anyone who has had a family member die at an early age of heart attack or stroke. ApoE test determines an individual’s genetic risk associated with the Apolipoprotein E gene. ApoE is involved in the metabolism of cholesterol and triglycerides, and variants in this gene can have clinically relevant implications for disease risk as well as one’s response to statin therapy, dietary fat, and other risk factors (eg., smoking and alcohol consumption). Approximately 45% of individuals carry one or more of the high risk variants within the ApoE gene. The results of the genotyping of Apolipoprotein E have important implications in the treatment strategies for individual patients in reducing cardiovascular disease risk.
· Factor V Leiden - (Blood) $50* with private medical insurance card ($110 without insurance) - Genotyping indicate whether a person has an increased likelihood of forming blood clots (thrombosis). Presence of either gene increases the chance of deep vein thrombosis, and may also provide useful information on heart attack risk.
· SpectraCell CardioMetabolic (Cardiovascular and Diabetes) - (Blood) $50* with private medical insurance card ($125 without insurance) - Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death. Standard cholesterol tests can miss that YOU are at risk. Poor blood sugar regulation and unhealthy triglyceride and lipoprotein levels often present long before the diagnosis of type 2 Diabetes. SpectraCell's CardioMetabolic panel offers definitive diagnostic and clinically relevant evaluation to help define risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and progression toward type 2 diabetes. These check points help patients understand that not just one factor, but rather a constellation of risk factors, contribute to the genesis and progression toward poor blood sugar control and/or ASCVD.
HEAVY METALS + TOXINS
· ZRT Laboratories Elements Profile - (Blood Spot + Urine) - Elements make up the air we breathe, water we drink and food we eat. Elements such as iodine and selenium are essential. Others such as bromine, arsenic and mercury are toxic and have no known role in the body and can have negative effects on the thyroid, liver, for weight loss and fertility. ZRT's Elements Profile includes: iodine, selenium, bromine, arsenic, cadmium, mercury and creatinine.
· Great Plains Laboratory Metals Hair Test – $150. A more comprehensive list of essential and toxic metals.
· COMING SOON Great Plains GLP-TOX:TOXIC NON-METAL CHEMICAL PROFILE - GPL-TOX screens for 172 different environmental pollutants using 18 different metabolites, all from a single urine sample. GPL-TOX pairs perfectly with our Organic Acids Test (OAT) and our Glyphosate Test in the Enviro-TOX Panel. This panel offers you comprehensive testing to assess exposure to common environmental toxins.
· Diagnostic Solutions GI-MAP Stool Test - $359 + tax (retail $550) - The GI-MAP includes the first comprehensive pathogens assay that is FDA approved! The pathogen targets include bacteria, parasites and viruses! It also includes opportunistic organisms, normal flora, fungi, celiac markers, inflammation, H.Pylori virulence factors, antibiotic resistant genes, autoimmune triggering bacteria, CMV and EBV viruses and finally, gallbladder and pancreatic function.
· Great Plains Laboratory Organic Acids Test (OAT) - Offers a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a patient’s overall health with over 70 markers. It provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormally high levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function. Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine. The cause of these high levels could include oral antibiotic use, high sugar diets, immune deficiencies, acquired infections, as well as genetic factors. Our Organic Acids Test also includes markers for vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter levels, and is the only OAT to include markers for oxalates, which are highly correlated with many chronic illnesses.